- This event has passed.
STP – Seattle to Portland
July 14 - July 15
This 200+ mile bicycle ride is the largest multi-day bicycle event in the Northwest, with up to 10,000 participants riding from Seattle to Portland in one or two days. The route takes you through the scenic valleys, forests, and farmlands of western Washington and Oregon. Come ride what Bicycling Magazine has listed as one of the best cycling events in the nation!
Participants can choose to ride the event in one day or two! The midway point of the 203 mile course is Centralia/Chehalis, and Centralia College hosts the “official midpoint” and largest free camping location (Chehalis Recreation park is the second largest). However, two-day riders can stay as far away as Kelso, WA (150 miles on day one) and a whole lot of great points in between. STP day one is choose your own adventure based on how far you want to ride and local community groups and non profits provide housing, meals, and a whole lot of fun no matter where you choose to stay. See the lodging page for details. There are not many hotels on course, and the veteran riders often sell them out prior to the event even opening. We do not advertise these places, as we always encourage folks to give back to the communities through which we ride and providing food, accommodation, and services is a major fundraiser for communities along the route.
The STP is a major economic boost to the area, and in addition to a lot of fundraising along the route, your registration fee not only supports Cascade Bicycle Club in its mission to improve lives through bicycling, but also contributes approximately $100,000 every year to schools, non-profits, and other community groups who provide direct services to our free food stops and at our Finish Line.
– An epic journey connecting two of America’s great bicycling cities
– The choice of a one-day or two-day event
– An amazing network of volunteers and organizations to help you reach the finish line
– A diverse community of cyclists working towards one common goal: Portland or BUST!
– 10,000 registered riders from 7 countries and 45 states
– Eldest rider: 89
– 8,212 Washington riders (2,433 from Seattle)
– 1,242 Oregon riders (573 from Portland)
– STP sells out to its max. capacity of 10,000 riders every year (often by March). Don’t delay!