- This event has passed.
Ride to Bridge City CX!
November 24, 2019 at 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Bridge City CX is a cyclocross race happening smack dab in the middle of Portland, at Oaks Park, making it perfect for spectating. The park is situated right along the Springwater Corridor bike path, making this a great venue to ride to. Let’s ride together and watch some cyclocross racing!
– Meet up with ride leaders Stacy and Carley at Gladys Bikes 9am, leaving by 9:15am sharp. There’s a coffee shop next door if you want to grab something warm and caffeinated before the ride begins.
– SE more convenient for you as a starting point? Meet at 9:30am at the Vera Katz statue along the Eastbank Esplanade to meet up with a SE contingent. Ride leader Megan will be there to great you and then we’ll all meet up and ride the rest of the way together.
– The ride is approximately 8 miles and almost entirely flat and mostly on bike paths. Pace will be chill and conversational. All bikes and riders are welcome! (Note: This is a one-way ride. We’ll ride to the venue together, but do not have a ride planned for the way back, as we assume that people will leave at different times.)
– We will be riding rain or shine. Let’s hope for some shine, but be prepared for some rain! Once we arrive at the venue Gladys Bikes will have a tent that folks can stand under or store bags at.
– Streets may be slippy this time of year, so helmets are encouraged (let us know if you want to borrow one!)
– All venue access is ADA accessible. If you have any questions or concerns here email Leah (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– There’s also an event-within-the-event specifically for women (cis and trans), trans people of all genders and non-binary folks, with special prizes for racers, a designated area for cheering and free neutral mechanical support. This race is going above and beyond to create a good experience for w/t/nb folks and we want to invite you to be a part of that — whether you’re planning to race or to come out to cheer.
We can’t wait to ride with you all!