Sponsorship opportunity available. – Get in touch for more info.
- This event has passed.
Midnight Mystery Ride
February 10, 2017 at 11:45 pm - 11:59 pm
A Portland tradition. 2nd Friday of every month. 12 months a year. Rain or shine
Jason/Friday the 13th Horror Theme!
Your leader is encouraging you to dress your “Jason Vorhees best.” Think… hockey masks. He also kindly requests, “Scary music only on the ride, no party musics or dubstep til the end spot.” Give a man his horror music!!
Meet at the Chill N’ Fill on 5215 N Lombard.
Bring yer growlers to get filled up for the end spot! Alternatively, buy one from the business and fill ‘er up! No beer stop cuz the start point IS THE BEER STOP!
Please note, Chill N’ Fill does close promptly at midnight, so get there early or ON TIME!
Also, please note — the start location does not have food, but you can order next door at Cha Cha Cha! and bring it in.
The route itself will be roughly 8 miles. All bikes accessible ride, no massive hill climbs.
If you have a cargo bike of any sort (trailers, included), please bring a pallet or wood, if possible.
At midnight, we ride…
**NOTE: ride start location will be posted to the MMR website during the day on the friday of the event. do not email us before this for the location. we won’t tell you.**
::tips for riders::
1. lighten up
2. dress for the weather
3. we never said it was safe
::criteria for ride::
1. must be a destination where we can sit, relax, hang
2. should be within 5 miles of meeting point
3. meeting point should be accessible, inexpensive, and should serve alcohol
4. unexpected and little known destinations are encouraged
5. there must be reasonable shelter from the rain
6. rides occur on the second friday of the month
::tips for organizers::
1. contact midnightmysteryridePDX [at] gmail.com to say you’re interested but please don’t say your destination idea
2. once verified that no one else is already organizing a ride for your preferred month, scout your destination and plan a smart, fun route
3. summer months fill up early, plan and communicate ahead
4. shhhh… riders should not know where they’re going till they get there
5. make it fun, have fun doing it
6. occupied residential destinations in summer are so tacky