- This event has passed.
Ladies Let’s Ride
December 15, 2019 at 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
“Ladies only”, sorry guys. Must be able to ride at least 14-16mph. Ride announced each week, and distance will vary between 20-60 miles in various areas. We are friendly and welcoming but please come ready to workout and challenge yourself. Wheels rolling at 9:30AM
Fuel for the Ride: Rides are likely to last 2-4 hours. Be sure to bring both water and snacks.
Ride Leader: Laura Russell
Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/8518214 40 miles 800 feet of elevation.
Weather Policy: This ride will only cancel for heavy rain, snow, ice and other conditions we do not like. Light showers are no big deal. Cancellations will be posted no later than 7:30AM on the day of the ride.
Personal identification including name, address and emergency contact is required of every rider
• Drop bar road bikes are required.
• Helmets must be worn at all times on the bike.
• Bring the correct size spare tube for the tires you are riding. If you get a flat, don’t worry, we’ll all lend a hand.
• Your bike must be in good working order. If you’re not sure, stop by a local bike shop and ask a mechanic to look it over for safety and basic ride-ability
• Cell phone – never go on a ride without one!
• No ear buds or music please
• Winter riding gear! We will be biking in the elements. Be sure to get the gear required to stay warm and dry. Extremities are especially vulnerable (head, hands, feet). Latex gloves for under or over your gloves… fingers warm up quickly & light to carry.
• Sun/riding glasses (protection yourself from the sun and little flying bugs that can wreck your vision in an instant!)
• Water: Bring some!
We’re a community of like minded women riding bikes, making friends and enjoying the outdoors.
Each person is “self-supported” and route finding, food/hydration are the sole responsibility of each person who wishes to participate.
Our rides take place on public roads open to a variety of vehicular traffic. Riders agree to RIDE AT THEIR OWN RISK. You and ONLY you will be responsible for navigating and avoiding hazards as they relate to traffic, roads, general safety and weather conditions. Riders are absolutely under their own responsibility to ride, navigate and conduct themselves safely and appropriately to conditions as they exist on our rides.
Riders understand that as a condition of participation..ie..”showing up” (which includes use of any route/map information provided), they’re acknowledging cycling can be a hazardous activity and as such, agree to assume all risks and release and hold harmless everyone associated with the ride including fellow riders, Debra Rhea, Pacesetter Properties LLC, Keller Williams Realty Professionals, the Rhea family and any ride “volunteer”.
We are, always have been and continue to be- just a group of like minded friends, riding bikes, having fun and enjoying the outdoors.