- This event has passed.
January 28 at 1:00 pm
It’s January! We’ve almost forgotten how to ride! Time to get crackin’, so we’ll do a flat, friendly, short pedal in the sunshine together for starters. Hope to see you!
What is a JOY!ride We pedal for beginner-friendly fun.
Length: 10 miles
Pace: 10 mph – tops! All riders welcome! Knock yourself out riding 20mph to the ride and back home. But on the ride, please enjoy the group-ness!
Terrain: FLAT and FRIENDLY
Ride Type: Group – no rider left behind!!!
Cancellation Guidelines: < 32°F AND rain/snow/ice, sideways weather
JOY!ride Routes – Variety! We may stop somewhere along the way or gather at the end for coffee, goodies, pizza or beer.
JOY!ride Distance – Always 10 or less
JOY!ride Pace – Always 10 or less, except on the downhills when we fly.
JOY!ride Style — No one EVER left behind.
JOY!ride Terrain – Flat with occasional short inclines.
JOY!ride Starts – Times and places will vary.
JOY!ride Riders – If you’re new, recovering, or just want to get back into biking, come on a JOY!ride. Some rides may suitable for kids who can safely navigate traffic on city streets.
Registration is required free to both members and non-members. Please scroll to the bottom of this page to register for this event.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to be a part of the announcements and safety briefing.
- Riders are expected to have read the Safe Riding Policy and be familiar with the Ride Style Definitions.
- Please direct questions to the ride leader or Road Captain.
- Helmets are required. Lights (front and rear), RoadIDs and cell phones are recommended.
- Please complete an ABC Quick Check prior to arriving at the start (air, brakes, chain and crank; quick releases and a short ride to make sure all is working properly). And an ABC Quick Check once again at the start.
- Remember – we want to be awesome representatives for cycling and spread a love for our great sport locally by obeying all traffic laws and riding in a safe and courteous manner. Ride safely and have fun!