- This event has passed.
Gateway – A BIPOC Community MTB Event
September 5 at 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Gateway – A gathering for Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) who ride mountain bikes.
Join BikePOCpnw & NWTA to celebrate the diversity in the sport of mountain biking at Gateway Green, Portland’s only Mountain Bike Park. This is an event to create a space for people of color who do not normally feel safe in the outdoors to meet, gather & ride mountain bikes together. If you do not identify as BIPOC & are an ally we ask that you support our efforts by becoming a member of Northwest Trail Alliance at nw-trail.org/join.
- Sunday 9/5 from 10 am – 2 pm
- Gateway Green, Portland, OR – meet at “The Hub” to check in & get your raffle ticket!
- This event adheres to the lastest recommendations from THE CDC regarding COVID-19. Although this event is outdoors masks/face-coverings are required when distancing of 6′ is not possible.
- Families Welcome.
- Helmets Required.
- Any bike that can handle off-road terrain is welcome.
- This park is car-free! Walkers and bicycle riders can reach the site via the I-205 multi-use path, or ride MAX and buses to the Gateway Regional Center and follow the multi-use path north for about a half-mile to the park entrance.
- Parking – Fred Meyer – Gateway has graciously offered the parking lot that faces the Gateway Regional Center (NE 99th & NE Pacific) for this events use.
- Raffle Prizes (must be present to win) from the many sponsors listed below!
- Organic group rides (all skill levels).
Food (for purchase) available from: Be Well Juice Bar (bewelljuicebar).
Camaraderie & Fellowship from the Portland BIPOC mountain bike community. Let’s gather & ride!
Have questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org