- This event has passed.
July 31 at 6:00 pm
“Greetings, Groove-o-nauts! it’s time again to join forces, fire up our bikeships, and embark on a far out space mission complete with bumpin’ disco tunes. Flight plan as follows:
• 2 weeks before event – get your second vaccine or prepare a theme-appropriate face mask to wear on the ride! We don’t want a facehugger superspreader
• 18:00 – meet at Johnson Creek Park (Sellwood) to pre-boogy.
• 18:30ish – Liftoff!
• Discothèque at International, nay, InterGALACTIC Space Station
• Treacherous asteroid field (exercise caution, wait for signal!)
• Explore inner rings of the Milwaukie system
• Worm tunnel?!
• Orbit around Sellwood
• Star Party (sun worshippers welcome)
• Take worm tunnel back to base 20:30ish
Nice ‘n easy cruising. Costumes strongly advised (any combination of 70s garb, space or sci-fi themed clothing, robot attire, space creatures, anything astrological, sparkles, shinies, light-up stuff, etc). Dance breaks inevitable.”