- This event has passed.
Commute Clinic with The Street Trust
May 24 at 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
With spring and warmer weather around the corner, it’s time to dust off those bikes and get out and enjoy the outdoors!
The Street Trust’s one-hour (virtual, online) clinic covers laws, skills, basic gear, and basic maintenance. This is a great introductory class for people who are new to bicycling or interested in learning more about how to enjoy safe and comfortable bike commuting in all seasons. Experienced commuters are encouraged to come and share their tips with fellow riders and hopefully walk away with new knowledge as well.
Topics covered at the include:
* Basics of riding – laws, traffic signals and signs, how to handle bike lanes, bike boxes, tracks, and sidewalks
* Skills – hand signals, turning, sharing the lane, and changing lanes
* Choosing gear – bikes, helmets, lights, locks, accessories, cold and rain gear, carrying kids and cargo
* Route planning – resources and taking bicycles on transit
* E-bikes & Scooters – interacting safely with all road users
* Q&A – answers to questions from new or experienced riders
Does this time not work for you? Gather a group of 10 and request a Commute Clinic for your workplace, neighborhood association, organization, or school today! firstname.lastname@example.org