- This event has passed.
BikeLoudPDX April Social Event: Pets on Bikes
April 21 at 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
You read that right: this month’s BikeLoudPDX social event is Pets on Bikes! Everyone is encouraged to bring their bicycle-trained animals along for what will be a chill, no-drop ride. Acceptable pets include but are not limited to: dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, rocks, children in animal suits, adults in animal suits, and animals of a stuffed nature.
Never been to a BikeLoud event before? No problem! This event is newbie-friendly.
Some general notes:
– We are meeting at the off-leash dog area (located near the south side of the park between SE 35th and 37th).
– The ride will depart at 6:30pm.
– Sewallcrest Park (another off-leash dog park) will be the end spot.
– The ride will either feature a supply stop mid-ride, or will have an optional second end spot at a pet-friendly venue for food and drinks.
– Our skateboard and unicycle friends are of course welcome too.
For the health and enjoyment of our pets, please also note the following:
– If you have never ridden a bike with your pet before, please do a few trial runs on your own *before* the event!
– We will be riding mostly on low-traffic streets, but will need to cross a few busy streets. You are responsible for keeping your pet calm and secure!
– There will be other animals on the ride, so please leave pets that don’t play well with others or have a strong prey drive at home.
*** The weather report is currently calling for Friday to be warm and sunny, but the event will be rescheduled in the case of rain for the health and comfort of our animals. Be sure to check back here Friday morning to make sure the ride is still on! ***