Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Site Admin

Question Inner SE to Oregon City

Ouch! That was tough enough to just write it. I'm not sure that I could pedal it every day.
I'm sure that using the 205 path is the 'best' way to go, but perhaps there is someone else attempting this route (or similar) that could shed some light. I just got an offer to work in Or City. I don't have a car and don't plan on getting one unless they start powering them on air. The prospect of bussing it sounds even less appealing than braving the multiple super sketchy intersections on the 205 route.
Anyone have any advice?
thanks in advance...
Old 05-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
Ouch! That was tough enough to just write it. I'm not sure that I could pedal it every day.
I'm sure that using the 205 path is the 'best' way to go, but perhaps there is someone else attempting this route (or similar) that could shed some light. I just got an offer to work in Or City. I don't have a car and don't plan on getting one unless they start powering them on air. The prospect of bussing it sounds even less appealing than braving the multiple super sketchy intersections on the 205 route.
Anyone have any advice?
thanks in advance...
Yep, just follow the opposite of the route that we told Jakelin about when he asked how to get from the OC to PSU. Not sure where in inner SE you are, but just go south until you hit the Springwater, go across the 3 bridges, and turn left (south) on 17th. Take 17th to downtown Milwaukie, then get on the bike path through the Milwaukie riverfront park. When you get to the water treatment plant, turn right and take the bike path between it and the river. Then go south a couple blocks, turn left on Bob White street, and right on River Road. River Road is smooth sailing all the way to the OC. Once you cross the Clackamas River, you'll probably want to go down through Clackamette Park and get on the bike path/sidewalk that starts at the south end of that. Good luck!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Site Admin

Thumbs up Oh yeah...

I don't know why I was stuck on the 205 path. I've ridden that loop before...thanks!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Site Admin

Here is a link to the modified map I made based on recommendations made here:

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...-City-to-PSU-2

Hope it helps.