Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Site Admin

Default I need a new route!

My neighbor and I want to do a fun route next weekend. We live in Washington County, Rock Creek area. We're getting a little tired of the Skyline, Logie Trail, Bald Peak routes. Does anyone out there have a novel route that will be about 40-50 miles? I'm not opposed to including any of those roads, just something new to mix things up a bit. Thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Site Admin

Default cry me a river, there are many more roads out there

you know, you could live in the middle of portland and ride residential streets all the time like i have to.

i get sick and tired of skyline, but it goes up and down less compared to other routes. two of my favorite climbs are off of highway 30, but they go up a lot and have very little traffic.

McNamee if just south of cornelius pass and has some steeeeeeep sections at the bottom. it pops out right by the top of newberry. it looks like a dead end from the highway. its signed.
my new favorite is Saltzman. if you have training tires there is no reason not to ride it. its gated, 5%-10% most of the way, and peaceful, with tons of turns.

you can also hook up with skyline from Hornings hideout and that road is gravel as well, but, no traffic.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Site Admin

Default Blueberry rides

http://www.blueberryrides.com/maps/map2.htm

Link to ride maps. I used these maps for several rides and found them useful.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Site Admin

There are actually five climbs heading from highway 30 up to Skyline: Germantown, Newberry, MacNamee, Logie Trail, and Rocky Point Road (this doesn't include Cornelius Pass, as no one should ride it).

I'd pick up the Rubber to the Road books at River City if you're looking for some good tough training rides, the first book is getting a little obsolete due to development, but both are worth owning.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Site Admin

www.portlandvelo.net

Good rides every Saturday at 9am out of Longbottoms at 235th off Evergreen, plus, if you are a member, you get access to our EXTENSIVE ride map database.