Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Site Admin

Default Hillsdale to Hillsboro...

So work is transfering me yet again. I need to get to 25th and Cornell in Hillsboro. I took Baseline out the other day but want to know if I am missing any safer routes. Also, how is Walker Rd from Hillsboro going into Beaverton?
Thanks is advance for any and all advice.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Site Admin

Safest route I've been riding is Baseline and Jenkins. You can cut down to Baseline from Cornell and 25th via 231st. You get a nice bike path from there all the way to Cedar Hills but I'd turn south just before that on Hocken (behind the shopping center) and take Millikan Way... not sure where you want to go from there, but this is the clearest fully bike-laned route I've found yet. Cornelius Pass to TV Hwy works too as you get good lanes, but a bit more traffic on TV Hwy. Either way, you need to get into old Beaverton to get to 217 on the south side of TV Hwy. You can catch Watson at the end of Millikan Way and cross TV Hwy and the recommended route form there is SW 5th if you need to go further east.

Walker Rd sucks for bikes, bents and trikes.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Site Admin

Thanks Simple Nature for the recomendation. I have been taking this route now for a month now and have found it pretty mellow. Cheers and I hope to see you on the road.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Site Admin

I wouldn't write off ALL of Walker Rd. It has a nice bike lane from SW Cedar Hills to 173rd.

Baseline may be quieter; I couldn't say. The traffic on Jenkins increased exponentially when they connected the two.

Heading west, I get onto Walker, follow it out to 173rd, turn right, get onto Cornell, and, in your case, follow Cornell. I'm usually headed west on Evergreen, which is the first right w/a light off Cornell. Nice bike lanes pretty much the whole way there, too.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Site Admin

Yup, Walker was not bad today. Baseline has a more direct bike lane to the part of Hillsboro that I work in but I will bb mixing the route up to keep it intresting. Evergreen is FUN BTW, thanks for the tip. The lack of stoplights toward the end near the Intel campus is sweet. Thanks for all the advice. Hope to see you all on the road. The fat guy on the orange bike is me; don't worry, I won't ask to share your Gatorade!

Last edited by norse rider; 06-05-2007 at 09:47 PM. Reason: spelling...