Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Tips & Advice
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Site Admin

Talking Kind soul offers free bike repair

While riding down SE Ogden I came across a sign "Free Bike repair on Sundays"
Just like Exchange Cycle Tours has been offering free repair clinics on Saturday, Peter has been providing free bike repair to the folks in Lents. Currently his customers are mostly the disenfranchized, but I saw a couple of recreational riders stop by as well. I chatted with him for awhile.
Peter completed the bike repair coursework at Ashland's UBI institute. He set up shop in his garage and helps the neighborhood cyclists keep their bikes running. We talked about the possibility of him being overrun given his proximity to both the I-205 path and the Springwater Trail. But since very few people know the neighborhood, he's maintained a comfortable amount of work. He provides a great service to the community and I've donated some lights to him for those who need them.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/240/4...875eb1.jpg?v=0

Last edited by bikejunkie; 04-07-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Site Admin

Just to clarify, I wouldn't call that Lents. Peter's place is in the neighborhood between Brentwood-Darlington and Watson or Kendall. Lents is many blocks north and east of there. More like 97th and Schiller, or Holgate (where Lents School, and Park are).

However, if Peter is saying most of his clients come on over from Lents, then the wording in your thread is correct, and I'll go back in my cave. :/

Great post otherwise. Cool that he's helping the community, wherever they may be from.