Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Site Admin

Talking Cycling in Milwaukie

Howdy there, I am trying to route a couple of rides around Milwaukie, showing residents that they can ride around there and that there are things to see. I am wondering if anyone has some favorite routes or streets that they enjoy riding there. How about some interesting things to point out while riding a bike there?

Thanks for your help...these will be more of the "newbie" rider types getting out during the summer and riding 10-12 miles.

Cheers, Janis
Old 02-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Site Admin

Default Heck yes

The dogwood city has some superfly, some good, bad, and some ugly.
Meet us up at this meeting
http://www.cityofmilwaukie.org/milwa...offmeeting.pdf
and get good routes, and have some input about the next 10 years of road planning in the area. All are welcome.
But back to your question: unless you bike in circles, 10 miles has you out of our wee hamlet prety fast. You will likely be planning your trip through some of unincorperated Clackamas county, where superclean, superlarge trucks (on their way to the corner store) decorated with Calvin peeing on things is not considered strange at all. I like to hammer the hill on Bell ave. joyride on the Johnson Creek path, and on Sundays Cruise down Oatfield Rd to Gladstone to give the folks a Happy Rock cafe my money.