Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Newbie Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2007, 04:12 AM
Site Admin

Bridgestone RB2 (long rides and speed)
Bridgestone MB3 (set up for road commuting and about town)

Old steel but I'm a Clydesdale, so, what the hay....get it? hunhhunh
Old 02-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Site Admin

Default here goes, fetish,felt,redline, pista

i ride an 05 bianchi pista around town. if knew it was so popular i wouldnt have bought it. i had the only one in ashland.

ON the spandex rides, i ride my fetish cycles cross/ training bike in the rain and out in the boonies.
i ride a Felt to race on and when its dry outside.

and in the mountains, i roll on a Redline Monocog 29er.
the next project is another fixy to ride without being embarrassed by the trendy factor.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Site Admin

Default trendy

why would you care whether the bike is popular or not? what's important is that YOU like the bike.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Site Admin

Default i want to be special and. . .

the bike is a frankenstein training bike right now. i may give up on that and change the stem and bars back and ride w/out brakes.
the fenders are pretty dumb looking also, but the only thing dumber than fenders on a bike is a bike in portland during the winter w/out fenders. its a vicious cycle.
and back off, without all of these gripes there is no reason for another bike.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetishridr View Post
the next project is another fixy to ride without being embarrassed by the trendy factor.
if this is actually a concern to you, you're just as good as someone trying to be ultra trendy. i mean honestly, just ride your bike, who cares. i saw someone in a bike shop who had just gotten a fixed gear and they said, well i don't know how long i'll stay with this, getting too trendy. hello? it's been a trend for years, and before joe-commuter was riding one, it was a messenger staple.

summarized point: ride your bike and have fun.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:21 AM
Site Admin

Default please

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetishridr View Post
the only thing dumber than fenders on a bike is a bike in portland during the winter w/out fenders.
you think you're too cool for school. well, i have a newsflash for you, walter cronkite.....

you're not.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:46 AM
Site Admin

I ride an ancient, decrepit, bright blue Giant Iguana, bought from a friend for the price of a tuneup. Weighs a ton, but the price was right.

Also, please do say where you ride, if you're a regular commuter--I see so many bikes pass by my office window here on Mason (NE PDX)(work from home). It would be great to know who's riding past!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Site Admin

Default Beth's Beauty

With all the great stories Jonathan's been doing about Tony Pereira, I thought I'd share the gallery of my wife's touring bike that Tony built. He calls it "Beth's Beauty"... I agree.

Pereira Cycles

Last edited by K'Tesh; 08-08-2008 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Added Image to link
Old 02-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Site Admin

Default where i ride my ride

i ride the pista to school down ankeny from e 28th to sandy, and then to hawthorne up to broadway to psu. i also ride it to work in the pearl

i ride my other road/cross bikes everywhere, but usually ne to troutdale, or to st johns, or south to the springwater.

i only where commuter gear when its raining. and i wont wear a helmet condom.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:05 AM
Site Admin

Default The "coolest bike"

The coolest bike you can ride, is the one your most comfortable on. Why does it matter what was spent on it? Makes me wonder, hell the best thing that ever happened was the CCC, and yet it gets robbed, cyclists shot at, and we still have people concerned with the price of the bike. Get over it. Hell i had an a bike that cost over and grand, yet i ride a bike that is 30 years old cause it feels better. It's not the bike you ride, it's the fact that you choose to ride. And if you don't choose to ride, and you do because you can't afford to ride any other way, your better off. Wait tell you get a car, pay for gas, insurance, and all the other crap, your better off. I can drive, and own a truck, but i don't drive, I choose not to because its so wrong in this town. And if you decide you want to spend time in I-84, I-5, hwy 26, or what ever, I can get there faster than you can. Sorry, its the truth.

Timmy-
aka NEPcyclistic