Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Newbie Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Site Admin

Wink Best of 70's Technology

http://lambchop-rides.blogspot.com/2...35-pounds.html

I've got a nice bike too, but this one seems to be my default for around-town commuting. Late 1970's Japanese steel, complete set of upgrades. Ya gotta problem with 27" wheels?

The driver of a motor vehicle may only pass a person operating a bicycle by driving to the left of the bicycle at a safe distance and returning to the lane of travel once the motor vehicle is safely clear of the overtaken bicycle. For the purposes of this paragraph, a “safe distance” means a distance that is sufficient to prevent contact with the person operating the bicycle if the person were to fall into the driver’s lane of traffic....

LCI #2105 Lambchop Rides!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Site Admin

After a year or so of drooling over one, and two months of waiting for it to arrive after ordering, I finally got just what I wanted. No compromises. 54cm Surly Long Haul Trucker Berthoud fenders, Pletscher kickstand, Surly Nice Rack, Soma mustache bars. I still need to get the levers where I want them, and get a few other doodads, but here it is now on my flickr page.

When the bars get wrapped and sun comes out to play again, I'll get some proper pics.

Toby

Last edited by K'Tesh; 08-07-2008 at 06:58 AM. Reason: added image and link...
Old 05-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Site Admin

Well, I'm proud to say that I'm now a two-bike owner.

Yup, I have two bikes.

The first one is my Schwinn, Commuter Mule Extraordinaire. I believe I've posted already here on this thread about that one. I've got 1700+ miles on him in two years, I feel pretty good about that. He's got panniers now, and fenders, and looks darn good if I do say so myself!

My new bike is a Trek 2.3T WSD (that's Women Specific Design). I test rode a number of bikes before I found this one! Or maybe she found me, I don't know... but it was fate, kismet... the seat height was set perfect from the get-go, no fiddling was required! She's fast, nimble, comfortable. I'm really looking forward to some long rides in the country! She was an early birthday present from my boyfriend to me (in late March, but my birthday isn't until the end of May).

And naturally, a couple weeks after she came home with me, I got sick-- and have continued to have sicknesses! Food poisoning, sinus infection, hideous sore throat and cough. Enough already! I wanna ride!

Look for me around Tigard with my FatCyclist.com jersey and a big grin!
Old 05-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Site Admin

Default New Ira

Ya think I like it?

Last edited by K'Tesh; 08-07-2008 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Downloaded image... Uploaded to flickr
Old 05-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Site Admin

Default Nobbys Only

I don't actually live in Portland, but I hope you all don't mind that I am participating in your forum...we have nothing of the sort out here in the Gorge.

I ride an Ellsworth California Id, Talas fork. Also riding a Bionicon Edison.
I live out in the country, and don't commute...only shred the trails!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:01 AM
Site Admin

I ride an older Giant Iguana MTB, a hand me down from my brother-in-law. For the last two years I've used it primarily for weekend exercise but now that the bus is getting crowded I've switched to commuting by bike.

Last edited by Grant; 05-30-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Site Admin

I ride a TREK 850 Mountain Track in a city with no mountains, but loads of potholes. She's heavy (35lbs or so) but a workhorse. I'll strap a 30lb bag of laundry on the rear rack and ride just as smoothly as without it. I've put thousands of miles (not sure how exact) on it since I got it from a friend 3 years ago and have had very few problems.

Here's a recent pic (I'll resize if it is deemed too big and someone can tell me how...the pic I mean, not the bike):
Old 06-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Site Admin

Default Chubbybiker rides this....

Here is my machine. 2008 Breezer Uptown 8

Last edited by K'Tesh; 08-07-2008 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Downloaded image... Uploaded to flickr
Old 07-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Site Admin

Default new bike

I'm very excited. I've been riding a very old Giant Iguana MTB to which I had added 26X1.25" tires to make it a bit more road friendly. It was still a heavy heavy bike though and getting quite worn out.

Today I purchased a Giant OCR 1 from Bike N' Hike. It's about half the weight of my old bike. It's a triple but since I'm in the southwest I figure that will come in handy on the hills. 10 gears, shimano 105 parts. I'm very happy with it.

Now I just need some size 12 cycling shoes.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Site Admin

Behold the timeless beauty of my oma.

Last edited by K'Tesh; 08-06-2008 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Downloaded image... Uploaded to flickr