Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Site Admin

Default Photo Radar Tickets

Is it possible to get a speeding ticket by a photo radar van on a bike? We don't have license plates, so they can't mail the ticket to you? Has anyone even got a speeding ticket on bicycle. Or are all the tickets failure to yield to a traffic control device?

Just all things i'm thinking about.

If anyone knows where photo radar vans hang out on 25 MPH street let me know, and I'll speed by on my bicycle and see if it snaps a photo of me.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPcyclistic View Post
Is it possible to get a speeding ticket by a photo radar van on a bike? We don't have license plates, so they can't mail the ticket to you? ..................................
Absolutely!! The camera takes a high resolution photo of the drivers face. These photos are so good that they can tell what brand (if any) of cigarette you are smoking and if you flossed after your last meal. If the vehicle in the photo has no plate displayed, the photo is forwarded to the National Security Agency where it is compared with their database of photos taken by ATM cameras as well as security cameras from almost all commercial venues in the country. It is only a matter of time before your face is referenced to a bank account or credit card number and the ticket will be delivered to your mailbox.

The days of thumbing your nose at the law are over. Do right or pay up!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:40 AM
Site Admin

Default Fact or Fiction? True or False?

Is this for real? Whats the story? I could see if you were in a wreck or somthing, but a speeding bike, look out.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Site Admin

Big Brother is watching you... Careful where you take a dump!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Site Admin

Default Forwarding Address

What BillD is saying is no, you can't get a ticket from a photoradar van. Even if it did snap your picture, there is no way for the Police to know where to send the ticket.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:26 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPo View Post
What BillD is saying is no, you can't get a ticket from a photoradar van. Even if it did snap your picture, there is no way for the Police to know where to send the ticket.
Nice, plus a biker speeding at a high rate of speed over 25, in a 25, is much more safe than a car. We have a better view of the road, and a much faster stopping rate.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPcyclistic View Post
Nice, plus a biker speeding at a high rate of speed over 25, in a 25, is much more safe than a car. We have a better view of the road, and a much faster stopping rate.
I don't think so. If I'm in a residential area with a 25mph speed limit, I'm not going to go faster than that. I can't stop faster than I can driving a car at the same speed without doing a face plant. I sure would feel like a jerk if I hit a kid. But then I'm a dufus who obeys the speed limit whether I'm driving a car or riding a bike.