Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Site Admin

Thumbs up I accidentally biked 60 miles this weekend...

ok, it wasn't really an accident... but it's not like I'm training for anything and told myself I needed to get in a certain number of miles or climb hills or anything like that... I just ride my bike to get me places...

Friday evening my friend brought a German exchange worker with him for a beers-by-bike tour that took us to about five bars covering 20 miles of all parts of town... Velo Cult, Hopworks Bike Bar, Liberty Glass, Widmer, Yamhill, waterfront, esplanade, etc...

Sunday I had the kid and nothing to do so I did another 40 miles towing him, which is about 45 lbs of kid and 25 lbs of trailer extra... here's the rough route... toy store, parks, Ikea, visit a friend in Vancouver, etc...

basically living the bicycle dream... we had places we wanted to go and the bicycle is the only ex-wife-approved vehicle I have...

I expected my ass to hurt more, but it was actually the tops of my feet from pulling up on my toe straps that hurt the most... damn the Vancouver ascents!

no major complaints from the kid... toys, food, and park stops, along with stopping to pick weed flowers about six times, seemed to keep him from getting too antsy...

this was all on my Electra Townie 21-speed cruiser...

Last edited by Spiffy; 09-05-2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Liberty Glass, not Looking Glass...
Old 09-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Site Admin

Default I serrendipitously biked 60 miles this weekend...

I changed your title for you. Sounds like a good weekend to me! I forced my wife to bike about 15 miles roundtrip to her church on Sunday, and we strapped our 2 year old son on the back of my Big Dummy. He loved it, we took it easy, and even my scared-to-bike spouse had a great time. I felt sorry for everyone in a car as we rode by.