Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Newbie Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Site Admin

Default Noob Here

Hi all. I just signed up after finally getting my first ever decent bike. After being a slave to petroleum for many years, I feel I am quickly adapting to bike culture, and having good bike friends has been largely instrumental in that. I'm hoping to make some new friends, and to hopefully fully assimilate eventually.

Thanks, K'Tesh, for the invitation!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Site Admin

Welcome, xid! Jump right in! You can post a pic of your new ride in the "Who Rides What" thread. Posting pics works best if they're uploaded to another site like Flickr or the like, then just link the image by using the postcard icon in this comment form. Mine are here.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator
Site Admin

Smile Hi Xid

Welcome to the forums!

I'm stuck in an odd place right now, so my access to the internet is extremely limited, and may be for some time (don't drop magnets on your computer).

Hope you have a lot of fun w/your bike and a can get a lot out of here.

Rubberside Down!
K'Tesh
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Site Admin

welcome to the revolution!

I recently got a new ride after two years of enjoying my first new bike purchase, a Townie cruiser... I had previously ridden older used mountain bikes that were slightly modified to work better in the city... now I'm on a new Raleigh and it's pretty slick...

seems to take me a couple years each time I take another step in my bikey ways...

I recently entered back into the motor vehicle fray with a motor scooter and it didn't take me long to be reminded of why I hate driving... the constant threats from people wielding all that power is just too much to bear... the power makes them crazy... but it's nice to have to get somewhere quick when you need to... but then I feel guilty that I didn't schedule better and just bike there...