Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Steven Kung Steven Kung is offline
Member
Site Admin
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: PDX
Posts: 67
Question If Have Possibly Stolen Bike__What Next?

If I think I have a stolen bike in my possession from a police auction, and would like to return it to the rightful owner, but its serial # is not listed on BikePortland.org or other Stolen Bike Lists, can BikePortland.org help me post a notice to the public?

Where would it best to post info about this bike?

Last edited by K'Tesh; 04-30-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-30-2012, 10:14 PM
K'Tesh's Avatar
K'Tesh K'Tesh is offline
Super Moderator
Site Admin
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Subject To Change
Posts: 2,742
Lightbulb Here's what to do...

Post a generic message on BP, BikeForums.net, and craigslist. The Valley Times offers free "found" listings in their newspaper. List the make and color of the bike, possibly a photo. Let the owner provide you (via a free "throwaway" email account)* with the serial number to prove it's theirs.

Now if it's a red Centurion Accordo ca. 1987, I'd like it back...

謝謝
K'Tesh

*Once it's found, you can toss the account and not have to worry about wading through a tonne of spam in your primary account.
__________________
Riding my bike is MY pursuit of Happiness!!!
beam.to/UFOBike

Last edited by K'Tesh; 04-30-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:08 PM
SewCrates SewCrates is offline
Junior Member
Site Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Tesh View Post
Post a generic message on BP, BikeForums.net, and craigslist. The Valley Times offers free "found" listings in their newspaper. List the make and color of the bike, possibly a photo. Let the owner provide you (via a free "throwaway" email account)* with the serial number to prove it's theirs.

Now if it's a red Centurion Accordo ca. 1987, I'd like it back...

謝謝
K'Tesh

*Once it's found, you can toss the account and not have to worry about wading through a tonne of spam in your primary account.
*sniff sniff* Did someone find my partner's red Centurion Accordo singlespeed semi-conversion? or strange coincidence?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 PM
K'Tesh's Avatar
K'Tesh K'Tesh is offline
Super Moderator
Site Admin
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Subject To Change
Posts: 2,742
Default Strange coincidence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewCrates View Post
*sniff sniff* Did someone find my partner's red Centurion Accordo singlespeed semi-conversion? or strange coincidence?
Unless they were in possession of stolen property. Mine was purchased new by my Mom and Stepfather as a Christmas gift for me. Our neighbor owned the bike shop (Ashland Cycle Sport). The bike disappeared from behind my apartment in Klamath Falls back in 1993
__________________
Riding my bike is MY pursuit of Happiness!!!
beam.to/UFOBike
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-04-2012, 07:39 AM
SewCrates SewCrates is offline
Junior Member
Site Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 20
Default

Darn. Well, there's also an accordo-sized hole in my life thanks to some lousy bike thief.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:39 AM
K'Tesh's Avatar
K'Tesh K'Tesh is offline
Super Moderator
Site Admin
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Subject To Change
Posts: 2,742
Unhappy I know the feeling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewCrates View Post
Darn. Well, there's also an accordo-sized hole in my life thanks to some lousy bike thief.
You and me both.
__________________
Riding my bike is MY pursuit of Happiness!!!
beam.to/UFOBike
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:08 PM.




A production of Pedaltown Media Inc. / BikePortland.org
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.