Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Site Admin

Default I-205 path

The I-205 bridge bike path is a mess filled with road debris after recent storms. I witnesses several riders fixing flats. Hopefully it will be cleaned up soon.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcycle View Post
The I-205 bridge bike path is a mess filled with road debris after recent storms. I witnesses several riders fixing flats. Hopefully it will be cleaned up soon.
I saw that yesterday. It's not as bad as when the sand (put down for snow traction) gets tossed onto the path. ODOT runs a mini-sweeper up the path periodically, but I bet they'll hold off until the rain slows down.

If you think the Washington end needs attention, feel free to PM me. I lead a crew of volunteers from the VBC who clean up the north spur a couple times a year:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohpv/se...7627988951817/

Guru to the hot dog vendor:
"Make me one with everything."
Old 01-23-2012, 06:45 AM
Site Admin

Default Clackamas

I've had 4 flats since Christmas and I hardly ever get flats. Glass twice and staples twice. They've all been somewhere between Clack Town Center south to Sunnybrook. Possibly west on Sunnybrook. I have walked the path looking for debris. Am now suspecting the bike lane on Sunnybrook and have taken to possessing the right lane down the hill
Old 01-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Site Admin

Default Gateway Transit area

The Gateway Transit area is a perpetual mess. There is normally broken glass anywhere from the Max underpass to the north and to Glisan Street on the South.

Then you have the ever-present cigarette smokers who loiter on the path and often are oblivious to bicycle traffic. (I am tired of getting smoke blown in my face as I run the gauntlet). Not to mention the littering and graffiti that makes this area one of the worst eyesores in the city. Friends of Trees removed the trash and butts when they planted trees and shrubs a year or so ago and had bark dust spread along the west side, but you wouldn't know it today. It seems like the city could come up with a smoking structure or shelter where they could contain the cigarette associated litter.

I don't know which governmental agency has jurisdiction, but something needs to be done. It's totally out of hand the way it is.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Site Admin

Default Re: Gateway Transit / I-205 MUP

Signs from the transit center to the I-205 path would be nice, too. I came back through there from camping last summer. Getting off MAX, I didn't know where to pick up the path so I ended up riding completely around that shopping center...99th, Halsey, Weidler, 102nd, Pacific...and back to the transit center. Talked my wife through using Google maps so she could direct me; that worked. "To Bike Route >>>" signs would have been most welcome.

Unsurprisingly, it's totally easy once you know how. The MUP runs right along one side of the transit center, leading to the problem with smokers standing on the path that rolinon mentioned. I noticed them, too. Live and learn.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Site Admin

Someone has cleaned the path (except for the ramp right at the Oregon end) - when Cycle Wild rode it back from Battleground Lake this past weekend, the bridge path was clear. Whoever did it, thanks! (can you also please clean the ramp on the south end?)