Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > All About the West Side
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Site Admin

Default Another Barbur Blvd Open House 12/6 5:30-7:30PM

Friends of Barbur's facebook page alerted me to another Barbur Blvd. Open House. I found a link for it. Sorry*, it's on Commissioner Fritz's web page on portlandonline:

http://www.portlandonline.com/fritz/...374289&c=49204

I intend to go to the meeting to put in my 2 cents about NOT wanting rail based transit on Barbur, since it is part of my regular bicycle commute route.

From the link:

Quote:
Barbur Concept Plan Kick-Off Open House

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM

Markham Elementary School Cafeteria, 10531 SW Capitol Highway

What's the future of Barbur Boulevard? You can help decide how this major southwest arterial will evolve by participating in the Barbur Concept Plan project. City staff will host an open house to talk about the work done to date, answer questions and share information about the Barbur Concept Plan. The City of Portland is working with Metro, ODOT, Trimet and the cities of Tigard, Tualatin, King City and Sherwood to plan for some form of high-capacity transit somewhere in the southwest corridor as part of the Southwest Corridor Plan.

The open house will be an opportunity to learn about the recently launched Barbur Concept Plan project, its connection to the larger regional Southwest Corridor Plan, and how you can stay involved and informed.
*Yes, I know, Fritz is no friend of bicycling. Sorry to direct you to her web page. You may recall that Fritz wrote in an email to Jonathan Maus last August, "I may support a bike sharing program downtown when I see bike riders using downtown streets and sidewalks in a safe manner." Still no word on whether Fritz will vote against motor vehicle funding until she sees motorists using downtown streets in a safe manner. Nonetheless, that link had the most information about this meeting about Barbur.

Tags
barbur, open house, pbot, rail, transit