Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > All About the West Side
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Site Admin

Default Beaverton Bike Advisory Committee Meeting...

Just a notice:

The next Bicycle Advisory Committee meeting will take place on Thursday, February 10, 2011, at 6:30 p.m. at Beaverton City Hall, Third Floor Conference Room.

3 days from today. A smaller room than the main floor council chambers, but there's room for some bikes there, and people have been permitted to bring them into the room.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator
Site Admin

Smile Thanks for taking the banner...

Thanks wsbob, I'm not able to attend on Thursdays anymore, so I'm glad someone is keeping in touch with the BAC.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Site Admin

Lynne ...I tried to find that other thread where we were trading comments about the Millikan Way mudpath between Hall Blvd and Lombard St. I was trying to decide from what you'd written, whether you'd already been to the BBAC and asked them about the prospects of getting a little re-routing and surfacing for the mud trail or mudpath, towards making it official.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Site Admin

I don't remember where it is, either. I haven't actually opened my mouth at a meeting. Tonight's the night. See you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsbob View Post
Lynne ...I tried to find that other thread where we were trading comments about the Millikan Way mudpath between Hall Blvd and Lombard St. I was trying to decide from what you'd written, whether you'd already been to the BBAC and asked them about the prospects of getting a little re-routing and surfacing for the mud trail or mudpath, towards making it official.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Site Admin

Spoke up tonight. They know all about it, and have been working on it since 1996. Something about getting right of way, as in they don't seem to have it yet.

MANY visitors at the meeting tonight, 5 or 6 bikes stuffed in a corner of the meeting room
Old 02-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnef View Post
Spoke up tonight. They know all about it, and have been working on it since 1996. Something about getting right of way, as in they don't seem to have it yet.

MANY visitors at the meeting tonight, 5 or 6 bikes stuffed in a corner of the meeting room
Glad you made it and summoned the self assurance to speak up! Not my best day, or I would have been there. I'm wondering what is happening towards getting the right of way.

I've posted before, a google aerial snap shot of the property. According to it, no question that the path is on, and probably would have to cross over private property. Looks like the trunk of the tree is one of the property boundary points:

Last edited by wsbob; 02-10-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Site Admin

Just happened to think today about checking the Beaverton Bike Advisory Committee Minutes for April. City of Beaverton, BICYCLE ADVISORY COMMITTEE (BAC), MEETING MINUTES, Thursday, March 10, 2011

If you're curious what's in that months' three page report, use the link to check for yourself. I'll just post one excerpt...(actually, make that two...see at the bottom.) that may be old news, but that will probably be an eyebrow raiser for some people:

"...Colin Maher noted that TriMet has been awarded $240,000 for a future Orenco bike-n-ride facility. ..." BAC, april

Orenco is quite a densely populated area immediately around the light rail stop for that community. A quarter of a million dollars for a bike shelter is probably going to seem to those with mixed feelings about bikes as transportation, like quite a lot of money to be spending on such a facility.

I haven't looked around to see the number of bikes the facility will secure. Do those of your reading here feel use of bikes in this area presently justifies such a facility? Do you feel that availability of the facility will bring about a sufficient increase in the use of bikes throughout this area that would justify this shelter's construction?

Excerpt 2: The minutes also state, "... The absolute deadline is April 6th for the Beaverton Bike Map to be done. 15,000 copies will be made. ...". Today is the 15th; So where the heck is that map? I just called Performance Bicycle's store in Beaverton. Will, from the Beaverton Bike Advisory Committee just brought them in to that store (Hall Blvd north of Milikan way)...Today! They're there waiting for you!

Last edited by wsbob; 04-15-2011 at 01:59 PM.