Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Site Admin

Default Campy Bottom Bracket

I'm not sure where else to post this. I am working on a friend's bike and I need to remove his Campy bottom bracket. I can do everything but get in there because it requires a special tool that I would only use for this job. Does anyone have a bottom bracket tool for a six notch campy bottom bracket? They are six notches and each is rounded. The park tool part number is BBT-4. I'm attaching an image below.

Email or call if you'd be willing to loan it out for a day or two. I'm in Laurelhurst and can come to you.

haymarketsquare at gmail dot com
five zero three 898 - zero four three five

Thanks

Jake
Old 09-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_m View Post
I'm not sure where else to post this. I am working on a friend's bike and I need to remove his Campy bottom bracket. I can do everything but get in there because it requires a special tool that I would only use for this job. Does anyone have a bottom bracket tool for a six notch campy bottom bracket? They are six notches and each is rounded. The park tool part number is BBT-4. I'm attaching an image below.

Email or call if you'd be willing to loan it out for a day or two. I'm in Laurelhurst and can come to you.
I have a bunch of bike tools (since I used to be a bike mechanic), but that's one I don't have. Weirder still, I have a Campy Veloce BB that requires one.

When I was trying it out on a bike, I took the BB and frame to Coventry Bikes. They had the right tool, and only charged me a couple bucks to install it.

Guru to the hot dog vendor:
"Make me one with everything."