Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Site Admin

Default Springwater repaving detour scheduling

The city put out a schedule of segment closures for the Springwater corridor that was summarized pretty well by the Oregonian: http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting...pringwate.html
With the rain and weather they are clearly off schedule. Johnson Creek stretch is still totally torn up as of Wednesday - the day they were to be done and moving east.
I put a call into the city asking for a revised schedule, but haven't heard back.
Anyone else know theri revised and/or realistic repaving schedule?
Old 06-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Site Admin

i talked to a paving contractor on thursday the 24th as they were finishing up paving the last section of the trail @ 3 bridges. someone from the portland parks dept was there also, but busy on the cell phone, i hadn't slept in over 24hrs so i wasn't bout to stick around and wait to talk to her. he said if he was a guessing man it would be another 2 weeks! the trail is now paved, but has no shoulders and most barricades are still up as of saturday the 26th but i was able to get around them with my mt bike.

if anyone has anymore info, or better info please let us know. last i checked portland parks website and the twitter account for the project hadn't been updated last i checked on wednsday. time to fight allergies some more.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Site Admin

Default Update!

checked the portland parks website today. they are now saying earliest the trail will be open is july 9! can't wait for it to be done either.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:03 AM
Site Admin

I just rode it and luckily the only part open by me was the part I needed... it was closed west of linwood and east of the I205 path... whew!

people were still filtering through the fence at the I205 closure so it was probably open at least to some of the connecting streets down there...

also, there was a mystery pile of gravel on the east side of 92nd yesterday... not sure what that was about but there were a lot of bicycle tire tracks over it and there were no closure signs...
Old 07-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Site Admin

Default Johson Creek park stretch open

As of yesterday the fences have been moved aside to open the full stretch from SE Flavel, through Johnson Creek Park and into Sellwood.
Closed east of 92nd.
Stretch from 92nd to Flavel is next, but open for now.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Site Admin

I just saw them surveying the open path on the west side of Linwood and Johnson Creek this morning on my commute in... looks really nice... I can't wait until they fix the part between Linwood and Bell, it's SO bumpy...

also, the pavement was torn up east of the I-205 path on Tuesday... not sure how far they've got since then... I'll try to remember to go by there on my way home to see if they've started laying pavement... would be nice to have that short stretch of it open for the Sunday Parkways this weekend...
Old 07-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Site Admin

looking from the MAX this morning I saw the part east of the I-205 path had been freshly paved... not sure how far out they are...
Old 07-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Site Admin

Yeah, this morning the fences were pulled off to the side @ the 205 bike path and it was clear from the path to 92nd and looked clear east as far as I could see. I suspect there's still some fine tuning like painting, but either the crews or the urban cowboys have opened the path back up
Old 07-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Site Admin

yesterday evening there was a fence up on the west side of the johnson creek/harney/45th area... there were people coming and going around it so I don't know how far before the path was actually tore up... I decided not to go around and see and to just climb 45th for some stupid reason instead and cut through eastmoreland to bybee and then milwaukie north into town...
Old 07-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Site Admin

The section from I-205 to 128th was open on Sunday afternoon. Too bad they dropped the second loop for East Portland Sunday Parkways -- looks like the path was open anyways.

There is still the section from 128th to 174th/Jenne Rd. that has yet to be paved. That's the last section scheduled for repaving.