Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Ride/Event Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Site Admin

Default one student slot open for my Sunday April 12th Advanced Adult Bicycle Repair Class

My thanks in advance for passing this on to any in your network you feel they might benefit from this class.

There is one student slot open for my Sunday April 12th Advanced Adult Bicycle Repair Class. This class accommodates novices, the “mechanically challenged”, and semi-skilled tinkerers.
Class features:
• Before the class date I meet with you personally to talk about your bike’s condition and to prepare a list of special tools you will need and use with your bike during the class.
• I email out a detailed 6-page description of what we’ll be covering: BIKEmpowered’s 22-point Bike Readiness Checklist; full adjustments of bearings, brakes, gears, and wheel truing. This learning outline is very useful for making your own notes on during and after class.
• On the class date, we move through each section, I first explain principles and demonstrate, then I support your trials and accomplishments as you fix your own bike.
We take a few short breaks as wanted and a 30 minute lunch break. If you have questions before or after the class, I’m readily available.

Location: BIKEmpowered school site: 5035 NE 23rd Ave Portland OR 97211

For ages 17 and up.
Class size max: 4.
Location: the BIKEmpowered School site, 5035 NE 23rd Ave Portland OR 97211. There is a school map link at the bottom of this note.
Class cost - $90* (Limited ½ off scholarships for under and unemployed)
Direct link to the class page is http://bikempowered.com/courses/repair-class/

For more general information about BIKEmpowered and discover more-in-the-future classes, please visit www.BIKEmpowered.com

School map link: http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=45....252C%252097211

Warmly and . . .
Spinning our Wheels for Good!

Brian Lacy
BIKEmpowered / 503.975.2391cell

Thanks for telling all your 'wish I would ride more' buddies about BIKEmpowered too.

Spinning our wheels for good!

Brian at BIKEmpowered

Tags
bicycles, repair