Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Newbie Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Site Admin

Default Portland, City of Bridges - My Stompin' Grounds!

When I found the Portland Bike Forums, I was very surprised! To find a bike forum, from my home town, where I was born! I really miss the City of Bridges. I grew up in southeast Portland, and lived on the corner of 66th and Clinton, near Mt. Tabor. That was a great place to grow up. Had a huge willow tree that I would swing from the branches. Huge apple tree in the back. Built a multi-level tree fort!

I used to ride my stingray bike (my first bike!) all over town. My uncle taught me how to ride when I was around four years old, and I've been riding ever since.

Now I'm living in Modesto, California, not a bike friendly town. But I'm learning to get by. Planning on doing some serious short-distance bike camping when I get my new Surly Long Haul Trucker to Caswell Memorial State Park!

I'm hoping that I can get into good enough shape to do a longer distance tour up to Yosemite, about 115-120 miles each way, plus another 40-60 miles cruising around the park, for about one week, maybe a little longer.

Also, I'd like to ride up to Calaveras Big Trees, probably around 100 miles each way, and another 30-40 miles riding around the park.

Are there any LHT owners on this forum?
Old 02-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Site Admin

Dude, why are you living in Modesto? You should move back. I grew up near Sacramento. It's better here.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophography View Post
Dude, why are you living in Modesto? You should move back. I grew up near Sacramento. It's better here.
I agree ... !!! I would love to move back to Portland!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Site Admin

Dooode...

I left Cali-helli-fornia for Lesser Portland (sometimes known as Vancouver) 13 years ago and I haven't looked back. It's so much nicer here.

Is it true that they're sending out IOU's instead of tax refunds? My mom's gonna be pissed- she prepares taxes when she's not chasing dead relatives.

Guru to the hot dog vendor:
"Make me one with everything."
Old 02-26-2009, 03:43 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Wills View Post
Dooode...

I left Cali-helli-fornia for Lesser Portland (sometimes known as Vancouver) 13 years ago and I haven't looked back. It's so much nicer here.

Is it true that they're sending out IOU's instead of tax refunds? My mom's gonna be pissed- she prepares taxes when she's not chasing dead relatives.
The Terminator said (in the Modesto Bee) that they might have to issue IOU's! I certainly hope not. I need my tax return so I can buy my new Surly Long Haul Trucker!