Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Site Admin

Wink Safety Store to Close

Pedestrian and Safety Products located in Hillsboro is closing their storefront.
The decision to close was a rough one. We have been in this location 2 1/2 years and has been so much fun.

The Washington County BTC has shown an interest in having the bike related reflective items in their new location at the Frans Pauwels Community Bicycle Center (google map- http://tinyurl.com/fpmcbc.) Details have not yet been worked out but we are moving in that direction.

Pedestrian and Safety Products were one of the main sponsors for Hillsboro's first annual Tour de Parks bike ride in Sept. We are working on the 2009 event which will be bigger and better. Stay tuned for that one...

In the meantime, I want to say thanks to all or our loyal customers. We are having a moving sale Nov. 22nd through the 26th. Then our storefront is closed. You can reach us through the website www.pedigreen.com.

It is not my intent to get free advertising with this notice...only to let you know of what is going on here in Hillsboro.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator
Site Admin

Post Good Luck! God Bless!

I'm sorry to hear you're going... I hope you don't mind if I drop in for a quick visit before you go.

Good luck with your future enterprises!

God Bless!
K'Tesh

For those who don't know, much of my sew on reflective material came from PediGreen.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Site Admin

Default Clarification...

It's only the storefront that's shutting down. http://www.pedigreen.com is still going strong, and it's a great resource.

Everyone who sees a glo-glov ends up buying one. Check them out!

The driver of a motor vehicle may only pass a person operating a bicycle by driving to the left of the bicycle at a safe distance and returning to the lane of travel once the motor vehicle is safely clear of the overtaken bicycle. For the purposes of this paragraph, a “safe distance” means a distance that is sufficient to prevent contact with the person operating the bicycle if the person were to fall into the driver’s lane of traffic....

LCI #2105 Lambchop Rides!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Site Admin

Thanks for the free coffee!

Will definitely have to make time in the next few days to stop by and stock up on a few things for next season.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Site Admin

Dangit! I'll have to stop by to pillage the storefront... er... I mean visit the moving sale.