Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Report your Close Calls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Site Admin

Default The slushies are a-flyin!

300 yards south of 129th St, southbound on Highway 99 in Vancouver.
Southbound maroon Geo Metro, with a green hood, teenage driver and passengers, license plate number 928-SFO.
Poorly aimed 40 mph red slushie.
911 recieved the information immediately, and a report has also been emailed to the local police.

I guess they don't like Kickbikes!
The car is in Salmon Creek on a regular basis, the green hood is familiar to me. I'll keep an eye open for it, and if anyone comes up with anything, let me know! I'm a lighthearted guy, not the sort to take it out on anyone, and just concerned that these kids might make a habit of this sort of thing and hurt someone. Any info will be passed along for whatever the police might have in mind.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Site Admin

Default Local News about Bikes vs. Evildoers

Wumpus,

There was a story on Faux news 12 last night about some teenagers in The Couv harrasing a group of cyclists. The reporter interviewed some of the cyclists who described the incident. In discussing the frustration of cycling along with automobiles, one of the interviewees said, "I've talked with drivers who have said that bicycles don't belong on the road unless theres a bike lane," (according to my memory). According to last nights story, the teen driver of the vehicle was swerving at the cyclists, and threw a pop can.

Though the teens are obviously malevolent, the message from Faux was that most drivers are simply unaware. Of course, Faux did nothing to point out Oregon law.

Here's a description of the story:
http://www.kptv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5003218

Ride Safely