Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Site Admin

Default Canby Ferry to Tualatin

I'm trying to route a weekday after-work group ride with some friends from Newberg to the Canby Ferry and then to downtown Tualatin. There are some pretty safe, nice roads from Canby down to Newberg, but I'm having a hard time planning the bit between the Canby Ferry and Tualatin. All the roads that I've scouted so far are pretty heavily traveled and no shoulder. Ideas anyone? The roads I scouted were Martinazzi to Sagert to 65th to Stafford.

Last edited by vincentpaul; 07-30-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:29 AM
Site Admin

Default i forget the road names but

from the ferry go into wilsonville. you can do it relatively easily and end up at the north wilsonville exit. cross I5 to the west, then take wilsonville Rd. north into the mess of tualitin sherwood Rd. this route is less hilly than on the east side of the interstate. i ride on it with my team during the winter a lot.

i strongly caution against riding the road between wilsonville and newberg on the north side of the river. people drive way too fast for comfort on the windy road.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetishridr View Post
from the ferry go into wilsonville. you can do it relatively easily and end up at the north wilsonville exit. cross I5 to the west, then take wilsonville Rd. north into the mess of tualitin sherwood Rd. this route is less hilly than on the east side of the interstate. i ride on it with my team during the winter a lot.

i strongly caution against riding the road between wilsonville and newberg on the north side of the river. people drive way too fast for comfort on the windy road.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll scout it out tonight. I'm w/ you on Wilsonville Road. Almost every connecting road in the Tualatin/Sherwood/Wilsonville area is hazardous. The growth in this area are has completely outstripped the capabilities of the road network.