Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Report your Close Calls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator
Site Admin

Lightbulb The Watch List's Q & A...

I've been trying to keep "The Watch List" for just the facts, clean, no side threads. It's intended as a quick check for those who may have had problems with a driver that has already demonstrated their anti-bike behaviours. Perhaps the Police or maybe a DA might use it to build a case against a chronic offender...

I've been deleting posts that didn't fit that criteria. I hate doing that!!!

So, there we have it... What to do? What if I was to create a Q & A thread for all those side threads... hmmm sounds like a good idea.

You got questions? Post em here... We might be able to find you answers...

Rubberside Down!
K'Tesh

Last edited by K'Tesh; 06-04-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Site Admin

Default Side-Threads?

I like the idea of a sticky side-thread that would be a good place for all of this discussion. You could even move inappropriate threads over there instead of deleting them outright.

But...what to call it? "Advocacy"? "When Motorists Go Bad?" Suggestions, anyone?

The driver of a motor vehicle may only pass a person operating a bicycle by driving to the left of the bicycle at a safe distance and returning to the lane of travel once the motor vehicle is safely clear of the overtaken bicycle. For the purposes of this paragraph, a “safe distance” means a distance that is sufficient to prevent contact with the person operating the bicycle if the person were to fall into the driver’s lane of traffic....

LCI #2105 Lambchop Rides!
Old 06-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator
Site Admin

How about "The Watch List's Q & A"?

And it doesn't have to be sticky... it has the link from "The Watch List" which is a sticky post.

Last edited by K'Tesh; 06-05-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Site Admin

For the 'Watch List's Q & A', is there any way that a watch list Q & A button can be installed on the header of the watch list thread so that viewers see it on every page of the watch list thread as it expands?

I realize there aren't so many threads in the 'close calls' category that the Q & A would necessarily get lost as it might in some of the busier categories, but from a user friendly standpoint, it seems as though having a button on the header might be worth considering. Related questions and answers to the watch list may develop that would be beneficial for viewers to have the quickest and easiest access to.