Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Women for Bikes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Site Admin

Default Come on Ladies, Let's Represent!

It's coming up on Mountain Bike race season! With many races in our area this year, there are a lot of opportunities to get out there and give it a try. I am hoping to see a lot of women both spectating and participating in area bike events; my hope in posting this is that I can find some fellow shredders of all skill levels who are interested in racing, or even doing some group training rides.
The first races I know of are the Fluidride Cup at Mt. Hood Ski Bowl, on July 11-13, part of a six part series that started in April in Port Angeles, WA. There are going to be 3 races at our very own lift-access MTB park. Check the link above for more info.
The second event out my way is the Gorge Games. There are races in Post Canyon, including Cross-country, Freeride, and Downhill, as well as road events in the area. The Games start on July 17 and end on the 20th.
If anyone is interested in these events or know of any others, please reply here , or contact me at Dog River Cycles in Mt. Hood, OR (15 min. south of Hood River on Hwy. 35), 541.716.4443.
I would also be very interested in including anyone from the Portland area in Ladies rides and women's specific clinics out here in the Gorge, so please do contact me! I'd love to meet anyone and everyone interested in mountain biking!
Happy Trails!
Val Vanderpool