Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator
Site Admin

Talking Now You See It... Now You Don't...

I think I'm coming down with that flu bug that's going round. So, I sat today out. While I was reading posts on the 99W/SW Hall issue, I noticed that someone (fetishridr) said that they go by there 3-4 times a week. I then remembered on Monday night, while I was riding home, I had to dodge some branches from trees and juniper bushes planted in Liberty Park at West end of the Tigard viaduct (Southern side/Eastbound lane).

So, I sent a message using the Tigard Website Code Enforcement Compliance Inquiry Form‏ I found online.

Quote:
Along SW Pacific Hwy, there is a bike lane. Juniper bushes, and trees planted in Liberty Park are overgrowing the guardrail.

This vegitation is constricting the bikelane, possibly pushing a cyclist into traffic. This can also make it hard to see vehicles stopped at the intersection of 99W and SW Main.
I got a message back from Tigard Code Services:

Quote:
The form you have used is for Code Enforcement inquiries only.

Highway 99 is ODOT and Liberty Park is City property. This is then an ODOT and Public Works issue, not a Code Enforcement issue. I have forwarded your complaint to Public Works.
Then I got:

Quote:
The Parks department will be trimming vegetation coming from the park. Any other vegetation that may be protruding into the bike lane would be the responsibility of ODOT.
I went out to take pictures of the junipers, so I could have a before and after set... I was too late... I only have the after shots!

These juniper bushes *were* sticking out into the bikelane past the puddle.

Way to Go Tigard Parks Department!!!

See something? Say Something!!!

Now, For My Next Trick... I try to make a planter strip that is blocking a bike lane dissappear.

Rubberside Down!
K'Tesh

Last edited by K'Tesh; 03-06-2008 at 06:12 PM.