Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Site Admin

Default from johnson crk/205 to oregon city

this is my first post, so please be kind

i presently reside in NoPo and make the drive to Oregon City to work (the first exit that dumps you right at home depot). i noticed the multi-use path at various times, i viewed it on google.maps and i've read some of the other posts, so my question is two-fold...

i'll be moving to the johnson creek area, and i'm wondering if from that point south the path is open for business? the trimet site doesn't give specific locations of work on the path, so if anyone knows...

also, what's the best way to get from the southerly trailhead to my work, which is very close to the Oregon City Amtrak stop. i noticed where 205 merges with 213, there's a bike lane (although it seems way too busy and dangerous to chance that) so i assume it's coming from somewhere.

long question short...never!! any help is welcomed. with weather like this, after i move, i intend to saddle up and ride. thanks.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Site Admin

Default beware

the path was closed last time i checked, due to a fire and our awesome beaurocracy. the ride is pleasant though. you have to cross on the 99E bridge in milwaukie, and then proceed back along the path to 82nd ( about a 1.5 mile detour)
just ride down 1st i believe to 99, then ride east on the path to the OC home dpt.

there are manageable roads to ride down there, and then there are nightmares. oatfield is allright and so is webster. these are some of the only North / South routes that are alliright. River Rd is nice too.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Site Admin

Default Crossing Willamette on 99E to 213

Since the bike/ped bridge is closed, you'll need to go south of Gladstone, cross the W then come back up to the 213 area.

From the Johnson Creek Area, you can take Lake RD to Webster.

Webester to Oatfeild and then Rt on 82, 2nd right onto E Arlington. E Arlington will take you to 99E. Left onto 99E. There is a bike lane there but you'll quickly get on the sidewalk to cross the bridge.

Once you cross the bridge, right at the first light and follow that up and around, that turns into Main St. Take Main to 18th, left on 18th then left onto Washington St, which will take you up to Home Depot and 213.

(Matt P. reported that the bridge was closed due to a fire in the sewer line that is suspended under the bridge, and that repairs were being delayed until resolution of a contract dispute?

Anyone got an update on the bridge repairs?)