Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Ride/Event Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Site Admin

Default Midnight Mystery Ride - special guest!

This Friday is the anniversary ride for Team Midnight - the riders of the Midnight Mystery Ride. We've been hitting the streets at midnight once a month since 2003.

But this ride is extra special. We're asking all riders to raise support for little Leo Westwind, the most bike-culture-lovin' 12-year-old in Portland, who just received a liver transplant. Leo and his family are facing a steep uphill battle of ongoing treatment and mounting medical expenses.

Team Midnight knows the POWER OF ONE. One leader has taken us on an amazing journey every month since 2003 - and we've never been disappointed. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

GREAT PRIZES
Today and tomorrow are your last days to fundraise for Leo.

Great prizes! We just packed the goodie bags and they're awesome. See our website for details.

** You can self-fund, so if you don't bring in enough $ from friends and family, you can pitch in the rest yourself.

>> Even just $5 will go a long way - and it will get you a sticker <<

SPECIAL GUEST
Leo's mom, Kyr (of the bike-powered smoothie fame) is just returning to Portland and will be joining us on the ride! She wrote us an e-mail today to say, "Having spent the past 4 months in the hospital with Leo, it has been a ridiculously long time since I have ridden any further than the half mile to the local co-op here in Seattle, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to thank you in person ~and join in the fun!"

COME RIDE WITH US
$ or not, you're welcome. We're meeting at Good Neighbor Pizza, NE 8th and Dekum - Woodlawn. Meet at 11, ride at Midnight. This ride is hosted by Team Woodlawn.

COME INSIDE
Please respect MMRs desire to be like ninjas and tread lightly. Please do not linger on the street. Come inside (please, please!! we love this bar!!) or don't come until 11:55.

~ TM

===> GO! FIGHT! WIN! <===
Team Midnight
* YeaBikes.net/midnight *
Old 02-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Site Admin

Default alternate ways to donate?

I would love to come, but I am cursed with the winter lung plague, and don't want to spread this vile contagion... besides I can barely breathe enough to walk, much less bike.. is there another way to contribute?