Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Tips & Advice
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Site Admin

Smile Magic words to my ears.

"I got a new bike and I'm riding it right now"

My other half just did something today that I never thought she would. She bought a new bike and used it to go to a friends house and back.
After 3 years of not using her old heavy hybrid Schwinn, she decided to buy a Specialized Sirrus and rode it to and from a friends house tonight. Understand that she was previously scared of riding with cars and would only ride short distances on a bike path. She said the change is because she really believes in bikes for transport and it looks like cyclists are having more fun than she is in her box. She is really loving her new bike and even talked about bringing it to bed with her. I hope this keeps up. I'm giddy that she is having a sudden change of heart about bikes and can't wait to go for a ride with her.

Anyone else ever have similar stories?
Old 12-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Site Admin

Smile nice

Sweet!

What a happy story.

I think many people would be more enthusiastic about biking if they had new-ish bikes to ride. Lighter bikes with a bit of zip.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Site Admin

I'd love to have a personal story like that to share! But here's to your gal for having made such a personally liberating decision that benefits everyone else too! Just imagine the adrenaline some regular rides will inject into her system...you two just might find that they help put some unexpected snap into areas of your lives you hadn't thought of.