Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Report your Close Calls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Site Admin

Default NE Holman St at NE 27th

Incident Location: NE Holman St and NE 27th

Date: 07/18/2007
Time: 11:55PM

I was travelling eastbound on Ainsworth heading home. For about 10 blocks a car was driving behind me (I was thinking it was a curtious driver as I had a good pace going but was a little warry). Finally I turned off on NE 26th to let him pass and head home. When I was heading down NE 26th I noticed the same car was behind me. I turned right on NE Holman St.

Around NE Holman St and NE 27th there was a bright flash of light, and then another. It looks like the individuals were trying to shoot me with a roman candle. I turned down NE 28th and they drove off. I would have called the police but I would have had to explain why I was riding my bike completely intoxicated.

Man, I can't wait for school to start up again and all the kiddies have to go back to school. It was probably just some guys up to no good. I'm not really mad but thats probably because they missed both shots otherwise I would have had a nice burn.