Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Site Admin

This is on the other end of the 205 path, but last week I rode from Oregon City to Powell and starting at Sunnyside road, I'd say over half, maybe even closer to 2/3rds of the bike path is shut down. The worst part is the detour signs they put up are less than clear as to where you are supposed to turn or take cross streets and I had to do some exploring and a little backtracking to find exactly where I was supposed to be riding. On the way back I took 92nd for a good portion of the ride so I didn't have to deal with the path.

Until I see their detour, I'm picking out a different route if I ride that way again.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
then I said, its all good, I will have four hours to go biking in the middle of the day between shifts.

Ooh, and from Troutdale you can get some EXCELLENT Gorge riding in in 4 hours. Heck, I'd be headed for Larch Mountain every day . . .
Old 06-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilanne View Post
Ooh, and from Troutdale you can get some EXCELLENT Gorge riding in in 4 hours. Heck, I'd be headed for Larch Mountain every day . . .
actualy the split shits are i clatskine, but I am sure there is some good biking out there too.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
actualy the split shits are i clatskine, but I am sure there is some good biking out there too.
There is indeed much excellent riding around Clatskanie - and you can take the ferry from Westport over to WA for some good rides on that side of the river as well. . . .