Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Site Admin

Default Springwater from SE Woodstock to OMSI? Best to and from?

My Fiancee' and I are looking at taking a bike trip to OMSI for the Dinasaur exhibit tomorrow. 52nd and Harold location to the Springwater. I belive one way is to go to Woodstock and take the low 40's streets to the trail?

Anyone recommend the best means of getting to and from? I imagine there is especially less hilly ways back....but the most pleasant way there via the Springwater trail, or another route... would be fab.

Thanks so much!
Old 03-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Site Admin

Drop down 52nd to the springwater, take the trail through sellwood

take 52nd up to Woodard and get on the Clinton bike trail, cruise through Ladds.

I love biking down through the bridges this time of year.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Site Admin

Default cool.

That sounds great. Might as well just shoot down 52nd. I imagine it is not all that different than some of the other hills off Woodstock that head to the trail?

Anyone know the best way back to the 52nd and Harold area from the trail? The hill up 52nd is a bit of a doozy. (my fiancee' does not have the bike-pants-time I do

We decided to go Tues. Spring Break allowed us sometime to enjoy the less busy days at OMSI.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Site Admin

from Omsi head up to Clinton, follow it to 52nd and head south.

52nd isnt the best biking road, but it is wide and I am OK with it.

Or for some of that seat time, bike the springwater out to Flavel (past 92nd), and dog leg it back to 52nd and your almost home... It isn that far and the Grade is pretty easy.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Site Admin

Default or

[QUOTE=djkenny;9901]
Anyone know the best way back to the 52nd and Harold area from the trail? The hill up 52nd is a bit of a doozy. [QUOTE]

At Tideman Johnson park there is a short (100'), steep (walk up) hill that becomes 37th street (at Crystal Springs Rd). From there you are in the Eastmoreland neighborhood that is very pleasant. Work the grid system to get back to your home.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Site Admin

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkenny View Post

Anyone know the best way back to the 52nd and Harold area from the trail? The hill up 52nd is a bit of a doozy. (my fiancee' does not have the bike-pants-time I do
You should check out the Portland bike map...It's awesome.
I would go up to the Hawthorne bridge then over to Ladd's Addition. From there you can connect to either Clinton or Lincoln. They both have lights to help you cross 39th. Then I would cruise down the bike route (41st? 42nd?). That's a better way to cross Powell than 52nd by a long shot. I ride that everyday. Crossing Holgate is your next problem but you can just weave your way home from there.