Don't forget about CRITICAL MASS today Jan 27th!
Ring in a new year of bike fun, bike activism, and bike safety
Friday, January 27th at 5:30pm
North Park Blocks (NW Park and Couch, by the elephant)
This month: "Peak Oil" ride, feel free to wear a respirator or dust
mask, and sign predicting when the oil collapse will begin.
Let's ride to the "End of Suburbia" film showing at First Unitarian
Church, 7PM, 1011 SW 12th Ave, $5 SUGGESTED donation.
Bring your bike, your friends, your lights, and your biggest smiles!
Critical Mass is:
- A leaderless, spontanous bike ride through the streets of Portland (and hundreds of other cities worldwide)
- A time to ride your bike without fear through busy downtown streets
- A great way to meet other bicyclists, pass out fliers, learn about other events
- A meandering celebration of bicycling
- Something different for everyone
- A visionary projection of what our future might look like
Critical Mass is not:
- Dangerous, violent, threatening, or exclusive
- A place to buy, sell, or capitalize
- Planned in advance
- A race to the finish