Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Site Admin

Thumbs up Good news!

I finally got a chance to go out and check to see what the status of Faraday Road is. Yesterday, my friend Carolyn and I rode our bikes out from SE Portland to Estacada, and up the road. PGE has finished the work of clearing the slide, and Faraday is re-opened to bicycle and pedestrian traffic. In the area where the slide was, the road has been narrowed to a single lane, and the pavement is kind of beat up, but neither is even remotely a challenge to bike traffic. This re-opens the Clackamas to bike expeditions, so enjoy! Hopefully, we don't get another heavy weather/slide event anytime soon.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Site Admin

I road up Faraday Road last Sunday, it's been repaved in several places, nice and smooth, better than it was before. It has a massive rock barrier where the slide was to keep it from happening again, very impressive.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Site Admin

Talking

PGE may be a semi-scurrilous outfit when it comes to bilking their captive ratepayers and overpaying their execs, but you can't fault 'em for maltreatment of cyclists. I say: an extra ten large for Peggy Fowler!