Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haven_kd7yct View Post
Haggis, I think there's a button hidden somewhere along the top that will show you the "Cue sheet" (basically, the written directions with mileages), and it will let you print from there.
THANK YOU!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilanne View Post
I agree there is no shame in walking, but it is an inefficient use of your time and energy - the technique I have found most effective is to stop, dismount, shake out your legs and rest a little, and then start up again. You will be surprised to find that you have an easier time pedaling after that, and you will get further and use less energy than you would pushing your bike up a hill. Now go find some hills and practice
Cecilanne, you are my hero. I'm doing the Vineride this weekend and there are some good hills that I'll be climbing (and climbing and climbing), so I'll be taking your advice to heart!!
Old 08-23-2007, 05:06 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haven_kd7yct View Post
I'm doing the Vineride this weekend and there are some good hills that I'll be climbing (and climbing and climbing)
So how did it go? As I recall from year's past, the climb up (and rocket down) Eola Hill is a bit of fun . . .
Old 08-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Site Admin

I did the 67-mile ride, and the big Eola Hill torture-fest is part of the 100 (near the end of the 32-mile loop that hooks back up with the 67).

Still, there are some hills on North Valley and Laughlin roads that were pretty hairy. I took my time, relaxed, paced myself... and had no problems. Even that bad steep mother quarter-mile before the turn onto Chehalem wasn't too bad. I like going downhill, but you gotta go up first.

Now, my boyfriend did the 100; he's part mountain goat, so he flew up Eola Hill and came into the rest area we were meeting at with a huge grin on his face.

Sorry, Haggis, for the threadjack!!