Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Site Admin

Default Gresham to Hagg Lake

Could anyone recommend a bike-friendly route from Gresham to Henry Hagg Lake?
________
volcano review

Last edited by PDXfly; 01-17-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Site Admin

Here's how I'd go: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1187143

Basically, Marine Dr to the St. Johns bridge, up Newberry to Skyline, down Old Cornelius Pass Road, cut over to Helvetia, go around Hillsboro Airport to Cornelius, then Fern Hill to Spring Hill, Spring Hill to Old 47, and you're there.

That route keeps you from having to ride through interminable suburbs. It's a long ride, though, and the climb up Newberry is really tough. Good luck.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Site Admin

It all depends on what you really want in this route. I know the round trip from my door, around the lake, and back to my door is right at 45 miles... and I live on the east side of Hillsboro. From here, I can do the entire trek on wide shoulders, bike paths, or neighborhood exploration although quite a bit is suburban and country highway.

Coming from downtown, I'd head up into Washington park via the Rosegarders, up and over to the zoo and taking the designated bike path all the way to Walker road next to 217. A few miles of will get you to Jenkins (by Joe's; Tectronics; Nike) and you have a great bikelane all the way into Hillsboro to 231st. From here, you still have a decent bike lane but i'd cut north and start the neighborhood cruz all the way to the west end of hillsboro. From there, hwy 8 to 47... go south... go west... Hagg Lake. 11 mile loop of up and down rollers.