Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Site Admin

Default Saturday morning ride

If you are out an anime path on Saturday morning and see a guy with a rear fender Strapped to his backpack, just assume he is having equipment issues. No need to tell him ( me) that he needs a rear fender... I mean hell it is strapped to my back, what do you think it is there for, added wind resistance? Sorry it's sucks to draft me but I have one morning to get to ride and I don't want to hear your passive aggressive whining over the sound of my panting up the hill, thanks.

Also if you are 25 and 3 miles into your ride passing a 45 year old 35 miles into his ride does not make you anything special. Averaging 19.7 mph over 35 miles is pretty good at my age and weight ( not to mention smoking and alcohol use history.) ride your own dam ride.

Oh and jus because you are 22 and blond does not mean the two of you can jog up the middle of the MUP without moving over.

Other than that it was a great ride.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Site Admin

Saturday night ride.
More people on the spring water than I thought I would see. Lots of duets taking up the whole path. Stopped to check my headlight.... Yes it's working so I guess some folks just don't care if its a two way path or not.

Keep right. Thanks
Old 12-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Site Admin

I have no problem with large groups, unless they're surly drunks or punk teenagers. if it's a large group I can ring my bell and easily alert them of my approach. More difficult are the people (like myself) with headphones in. Honestly though, I find the vast majority of Portlanders to be very conscientious while on the MUPs.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Site Admin

This has been a year of irritating interactions for me. Maybe because I have so much less time now than I used too. Also my best time to ride is from Troutdale to Milwaukie at night which has its own problems with the dwellers out there.maybe I am just getting old and crotchety.... I dunno.