Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Site Admin

Default Car talk - "Just because you are on a bike..."

I'll let my fellow bikers draw their own conclusions from this, but thought it was worth running up the flagpole.

IMHO - he DOES make a good case for treating all road users as we would have them treat us. He concludes:

"Like I said, Iím all for bicycling. But just because youíre on a bike doesnít make you a better person than someone in a car, necessarily. I know the virtuous, holier-than-thou feeling that sometimes sets in when Iím riding my bike. But, biker friends, youíve got to resist the self-righteous impulse. God is not on your side. Riding rude makes people hate you, for one thing, and, for another, youíre representing not just all cyclists but our bicycling future. Donít ruin it for the rest of the cyclists. And, too, as someone once said, ďCanít we all just get along?Ē

http://www.cartalk.com/content/riding-shirty
Old 06-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Site Admin

I stopped listening to KPBS a long time ago, but I did mostly enjoy the Maliazzi Bros. Sounds like the kind of positive thought they would drop into the show, even though their show was car based. Read that they're retiring the show in September.

Thanks for sharing... .