Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Newbie Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2011, 07:33 AM
Site Admin

Question I see stolen bikes everyday.....

Or am I just unfairly judgemental. Portland Bikers....you decied and judge for yourself. I work Tuesday through Saturday at a business exactly at N.E.17th & Columbia Boulevard. I see at the very least 10 homeless men every month Riding BRAND NEW looking or Near New bikes. Some with racks, some without. Now...I know hundreds of people in Portland are out of work and have lost everything they own. But how many are men living along the Columbia slew, or at (NO) Dignity Village on Columbia Blvd. next to the Prison. Most of the men riding these bikes look like they were blown out of a volcano. I look at the Stolen Bikes on this site, then I look at what these men are riding. If any one of these men can produce a sales reciept for the bike they are on...and show me the shelter they live in.....I will give them $100 worth of food. You People who are losing your bikes.....need to figure out a way to take a ride with Law Enforcement ...or Code Enforcement through (NO) Dignity Village. There has got to be at LEAST 1 STOLEN bike there. When I see a homeless guy on a New Looking bike, with the trailer on the back for a little kid....and the trailer is full of scrap metal.....hmmmm... must have traded the wife and kid for freedom. So am I Unfairly Judgemental....or am I seeing a heck of a lot of Stolen bikes every month. You decied and let me know.