Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Site Admin

Spiffy - you can go around the one fence and its clear sailing from there
Old 07-30-2010, 06:42 AM
Site Admin

Default Updated question

Anybody know if the path east from Johnson Creek trailhead is open yet? When I rode on Sunday, there were still barriers up at each intersection--some sewer stuff, I think. Has this been taken care of?

Jean M.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Site Admin

Amazing how difficult it is to get current updates/status on metro area bike routes. I spent a bit of time this morning surfing the web looking for Springwater and Willamette bike way status with no results. BTA, PBOT, this forum, nothing available. So I'm off to do a little on-the-ground reconnaissance.... stay tuned, details before 11:00PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Site Admin

Spring Water status... Just got back. Open from Sellwod to I-205 except for one gate at 92nd but you can easily go around it. Spoke to someone heading west who had just rode closed section from SE 128th to I-205 she said their were barriers but nothing you could not get around. Signs said to use SE Harold as a detour. What ever happened to reported summer closure of Willamete river bikeway from OMSI to Sellwood? Did not see anything there and bike path was open.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Site Admin

At 92nd they've dug a deep ~2' wide groove across the asphalt. There are metal structures in there for something. Doesn't look like it has potential for something electrical. maybe a gate or signage of some kind? But, you're right, easy to get around. If you are riding in the dark, don't try to go straight through over the crunched down fence or you'll drop into a hole
Old 08-03-2010, 05:52 AM
Site Admin

I just went by that 2' wide groove yesterday evening and it's now full of cement... yeah, looks like a gate or maybe a fancy archway... with a removable square post in the middle...

fence is still across it, and also still across at I-205, but you can get around both...

friend I was with went "woohoo, off-roading!" as we went around... but she was a little too happy to be riding since I had just fixed her chain......

people were going around the I-205 fence when we turned up the path there...

at least that 92nd to I-205 stretch is no longer throwing tar rocks at me...
Old 08-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcycle View Post
Amazing how difficult it is to get current updates/status on metro area bike routes.
This is indeed pathetic.
For all the talk of this town being bike friendly we have to run to construction areas and bridge closings with no warnings and no detours almost as if we are not traffic.

Why isn't PBOT and ODOT on this?
This sort of info should be available from the the TripCheck portion of the ODOT website and be mirrored on the PBOT website.

And anytime there is a change to the cycling system to the Portland metro an automatic message is posted to an alerts/status page, maybe even use Twitter to shoot this info to those who would choose to follow their road status.