Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Newbie Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Site Admin

Thumbs up new to the bike community, but gaining speed...

so I've been biking (sorry, cycling) for years but only in a recreation sense... always drove a car to work and got on the bicycle after and on weekends...

well now I've ditched the car and use TriMet and my bike as my primary transportation and couldn't be happier...

I'd been riding a Giant Rincon ('80's model) in street mode for the last 5 years and gave my new wife a spare Giant Yukon I had so that I could get her addicted to it as well...

now we pull a toddler in the trailer instead of dogs...

and we just picked up a new pair of his/hers Electra Townies for cruising around and for me to get to work (~15 miles round-trip)... my first new bike in 25 years and it's so comfy and smooth...

we're evolving...

now that I've been car-free since the beginning of the year I've been reading this site religiously and peeking in on all the other bicycle oriented sites in Portland...

it's great to see all the work going into evolving cycling into the spotlight it deserves and I hope to be involved in many events when the weather permits...

so expect lots of silly/stupid questions from me and try to forgive me for using the term "bikers" as I'm just that casual, sorry... (: