Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Site Admin

If you're starting off in the Skidmore / 33rd area, you can loop in the opposite direction of Kelly point.

Head South on 33rd to Marine, go East to the 205 path - head south to Prescott, exit path and meander over to 81st, head South to Fremont, go East to Rocky Butte. You can head back via Tillamook to the golf course, and then take Alameda back to your hood, or take Fremont back. If you have more time, do the hill twice or head South to Tabor for another climb.

This ride has a lot of the same offerings as your Kelly Point Loop, but has a little bit of a hill in the middle for interest.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Site Admin

Oh Yeah, if you decide to ride on the 30, I'd definitely bring an extra tube or two. If you don't flat, I'd be surprised if you don't pass someone who has.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Site Admin

Try heading over the I-5 bridge, there are some great rides in Vancouver. You could do the 2 bridge loop, or ride out past Vancouver Lake on Lower River Rd. Check out the Vancouver Bicycle Club website, look for the Road Scholars link on the ride calendar.