Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org)

Go Back   Portland Bike Forums (by BikePortland.org) > General Discussion > Route Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Site Admin

Default Powers to Riddle--More form ME!!!!!

Okay, okay, sorry if you're annoyed with this....but I'm excited and just love finding routes and stuff!!!! I'm planning on crossing over the coast range through Myrtle Point and Powers to Riddle. If I follow NFD 33 to NFD 3348 to BLM 32-9-3 to West Fork Rd, that'll take me there all along roads that are yellow in Google maps, meaning paved, right? But if I do that, there's a section where I make a big U, adding (a pretty inconsequential) 10 miles. I'm just wondering if anyone has a favorite way from Powers to Riddle or has done it or if they know how long it takes or some good campgrounds along the way. Here's google map link to what I'm talking about:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.077162&z=14

I'm riding 27x 1 1/4" tires, so I'm not afraid of some unpaved roads. Anyways, this is the one place that I seem to be unsure of on my route and could use some advice, if anyone has any.

thanks!!!
hhh
Old 07-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Site Admin

Another awesome road from Galice to Gold Beach over Bear Pass Summit. That whole area is spectacular. Half of the ride will be down hill!!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Site Admin

Default thanks

I was thinking of that.....but the Forest Service emailed me a PDF of a map of the route I was talking about. It is the 10 mile-longer version, but sounds really nice, with good campsites along the way, and paved the whole way. If anyone is interested in a copy I can email it to you.

thanks!!!

hhhhhunter